Sardar Patel Statue to be inagurate on 31st October, Built By Engineers of China
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue, also called the “Statue of Unity” is to be inagurate this month on 31st October. The Statue to be built as a memorial to the “Iron Man Of India” Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the construction work in about to complete in a few days. The construction work has started four years back and now its going to be finished. The statue built as a cost of 2,300 crore.
It will be the largest Statue in the world with the height of 182 meters. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to inagurate the statue at Kevadia in Narmada District of Gujarat on October 31st, Birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
L&T official said, “The construction has been done in four stages, including a mock-up, 3D scanning technique as well as a computer numerical control production technique for accurate reproduction of minute details.”
10 Things To know about the Statue of Unity
- The total height of the statue from its base will be 240 meter consisting base level of 58 metres and statue of 182 metres.
2. Built by Larsen Toubro (L&T), the statue has a viewing gallery at the chest of it that can accommodate 200 visitors at a time. A museum is also here about the life of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
3. The statue of Unity is 3.5km away From the Narmada Dam and located on an island called “Sadhu Bet”
4. The 182-metre tall statue is being built with 25,000 tonnes of iron and 90,000 tonnes of cement
5. Nearly 3,400 labourers and 250 engineers were deployed by L&T to built the statue.
6. Being built as a tourist place , the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue will Also have a three star hotel near it. It is expected that an average of 15,000 visitors will visit the monument daily.
7. The Statue of Unity is Twice as large as America’s Statue of Liberty and also larger than the China’s Spring Temple Buddha, that is the largest Statue in the world at present.
8. An interesting fact to note about the construction of Statue is that among the thousand of workers 200 are from China. These workers have been working in a batches of two to three months since September 2017.
9. A heavy load open lift will be built alongside the Statue that will take visitors right up to the structure s head (at the height of 400 ft). From there, visitors can walk into a viewing gallery and enjoy the panoramic view of the Sardar Sarovar Nigam project and the surrounding region.
10. The statue and surrounding area will be accessed by special boats to avoid vehicular traffic and pollution
Have a 360 Degree look on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue